SAFE AND SUPPORTIVE SCHOOLS FOR EVERY CHILD:
An Introduction to Bullying Prevention and Intervention
for Helping Professionals and Teachers
SC United with Immigrants (SCUWI) is offering this free one-hour seminar to raise awareness about how helping professionals and teachers can address bullying in our South Carolina schools.
CE Pre-approval has been granted by the National Association of Social Workers for 1 Social Work Hour for those who attend in-person.
However, the seminar will also be offered via Zoom for those who wish to participate on-line.
Date: June 1, 2018, 3-4 p.m.
Location: Cayce-West Columbia Library meeting room, 1500 Augusta Road, West Columbia, SC 29169
Presented by Sara Damewood, LISW-CP and a panel of SCUWI partners:
· Mary Reaves, MRC (Director of Programs, Beginnings SC)
· Mike Young (Director of Capacity Building, SC PASOS)
· Tayyaba Sadiq (member of the Islamic community)
· Rob Cottingham (SC Department of Mental Health Suicide Prevention Initiative)
· Jennifer Tague (Director of Operations, SC Equality)
At completion of this seminar, participants should understand:
· Basic psychosocial dynamics of bullying and children at-risk.
· Strategies for prevention
· How to report bullying events
· Helping interventions to address bullying events
· How to access South Carolina resources to help with prevention and intervention
Please RSVP soon; registration is limited.
Email Sara Damewood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-730-4987 for more information.
You may also register at Eventbrite:
Safe and Supportive Schools for Every Child seminar